If youíre the first to know whatís going on in your school or town, or the first to post on Facebook or Instagram about your favorite TV shows or favorite celebrities, then youíre just the person that every online, in-print, and broadcast news outlet is looking for. And Journalism: Investigating the Truth is the perfect course for you! In this course, youíll learn how to write a lead that grabs your readers, how to write engaging news stories and features, and how to interview sources. Youíll also learn about the history of journalism, how to succeed in the world of social media news, and how to turn your writing, photography, and people skills into an exciting and rewarding career.
Internet access, Computer, paper, pencil, household items, and appropriate text.
Pacing of the content is set. The course content and LMS are available with the URL and personal password. Students can access course content 24 hours a day, 7 days a week where the internet is accessible.
Student participation in this course is documented by the following:
- Student active time in course logged by the learning management system.
- Coursework submissions recorded by the learning management system.
- Attendance verified weekly by teacher.
- Participation verified by the virtual education teacher for time spent working offline.
- Academic-based communication between the student and virtual education teacher or learning coach and virtual education teacher.
- Participation time will be recorded by weekly attendance and or cumulative progress.
- Synchronous time with the class, a group or the virtual education teacher recorded by the learning management system or teacher.
- When this course is taken by a student in a school with a district-assigned learning coach, seat time attendance may be used to document participation.
- The virtual education teacher verifies participation in the course 1-3 times a week.
- Estimated time to complete course is 50-100 hours. Teacher verification of participation weekly. Some form of weekly communication between student/parent and teacher via phone, zoom, email or in person.