Physical Education and Health
Laramie County School District #1
Laramie 1 Virtual Education Program
LMS Platform: LMS means the course learning management system
Canvas (State LMS)
Wyoming standards alignment available from the district upon request
Hathaway Success Course: No
See Course Participation below
Start - End Dates:
Aug 24, 2022 - Jun 03, 2023
Available for Purchase:
Health Education (grade 4) courses emphasize the knowledge and skills that promote sound bodies and minds, prevent disease and dysfunction, and reduce risk. Topics typically involve nutrition and healthy eating habits; growth and development; injury prevention and safety; mental, emotional, and social health; alcohol, tobacco, and other drugs; physical activity; community health; and factors that influence health. Specific content depends upon state standards for grade 4.
Tools within the content to accommodate and modify as need per the IEP or 504. Text to read, highlighting, speech to text, fewer lessons, frequent breaks, extended time.
Student participation in this course is documented by the following:
- Student active time in course logged by the learning management system.
- Coursework submissions recorded by the learning management system.
- Participation verified by the virtual education teacher for time spent working offline.
- Academic-based communication between the student and virtual education teacher or learning coach and virtual education teacher.
- Synchronous time with the class, a group or the virtual education teacher recorded by the learning management system or teacher.
- The virtual education teacher verifies participation in the course 1-3 times a week.