Mathematics (grade 5) courses typically emphasize number, operation, and quantitative reasoning; patterns, relationships, and algebraic thinking; geometry and spatial reasoning; and measurement. Course content may include activities that help students increase operational fluency, make connections between abstract symbols and concrete events or concepts, or present their mathematical reasoning. Specific content depends upon state standards for grade 5.
Tools within the content to accommodate and modify as need per the IEP or 504. Text to read, highlighting, speech to text, fewer lessons, frequent breaks, extended time.
Student participation in this course is documented by the following:
- Student active time in course logged by the learning management system.
- Coursework submissions recorded by the learning management system.
- Participation verified by the virtual education teacher for time spent working offline.
- Academic-based communication between the student and virtual education teacher or learning coach and virtual education teacher.
- Synchronous time with the class, a group or the virtual education teacher recorded by the learning management system or teacher.
- The virtual education teacher verifies participation in the course 1-3 times a week.