Physical Education and Health
Laramie County School District #1
Laramie 1 Virtual Education Program
LMS Platform: LMS means the course learning management system
Canvas (State LMS)
Wyoming standards alignment available from the district upon request
Hathaway Success Course: No
See Course Participation below
Start - End Dates:
Aug 24, 2022 - Jun 03, 2023
Available for Purchase:
Physical Education (grade 6) courses typically involve the acquisition of knowledge and skills that provide the foundation for sport, a physically active lifestyle, and social development through physical activity. Activities typically include those that increase strength, endurance, and flexibility; reinforce safe technique; teach the rules and conventions of games and sports; and explore the relationship between physical activity and health. Health topics (such as the effects of drugs and alcohol, sexual education, and healthy lifestyles) may also be included. Specific content depends upon state standards for grade 6.
Tools within the content to accommodate and modify as need per the IEP or 504. Text to read, highlighting, speech to text, fewer lessons, frequent breaks, extended time.
Student participation in this course is documented by the following:
- Student active time in course logged by the learning management system.
- Coursework submissions recorded by the learning management system.
- Participation verified by the virtual education teacher for time spent working offline.
- Academic-based communication between the student and virtual education teacher or learning coach and virtual education teacher.
- Synchronous time with the class, a group or the virtual education teacher recorded by the learning management system or teacher.
- The virtual education teacher verifies participation in the course 1-3 times a week.