In Algebra 2, students will gain an understanding polynomial, rational, and radical functions, basic exponential and logarithmic functions; complex numbers and sequences and series. Students will also use statistics to make predictions about data. Throughout this course, students will develop learning strategies, critical thinking skills, and problem solving techniques to prepare for future math courses and college entrance exams.Graphing calculator skills will be taught and used extensively in this course. It is strongly recommended that each student purchase their own graphing calculator.
Tools within the content to accommodate and modify as need per the IEP or 504. Text to read, highlighting, speech to text, fewer lessons, frequent breaks, extended time.
Student participation in this course is documented by the following:
- Student active time in course logged by the learning management system.
- Coursework submissions recorded by the learning management system.
- Participation verified by the virtual education teacher for time spent working offline.
- Academic-based communication between the student and virtual education teacher or learning coach and virtual education teacher.
- Synchronous time with the class, a group or the virtual education teacher recorded by the learning management system or teacher.
- The virtual education teacher verifies participation in the course 1-3 times a week.