This is a course allowing students to develop a conceptual understanding of fundamental concepts in Biology. Students develop an understanding of cell structure and function, genetics, ecology and the embedded evolutionary evidence that explains biological relationships. Proficiency in this course addresses the Wyoming Life Science benchmarks necessary for high school graduation and Hathaway considerations.
Tools within the content to accommodate and modify as need per the IEP or 504. Text to read, highlighting, speech to text, fewer lessons, frequent breaks, extended time.
Student participation in this course is documented by the following:
- Student active time in course logged by the learning management system.
- Coursework submissions recorded by the learning management system.
- Participation verified by the virtual education teacher for time spent working offline.
- Academic-based communication between the student and virtual education teacher or learning coach and virtual education teacher.
- Synchronous time with the class, a group or the virtual education teacher recorded by the learning management system or teacher.
- The virtual education teacher verifies participation in the course 1-3 times a week.