This course is a study of algebraic and trigonometric equations and functions and their applications.Students will learn skills allowing them to identify functions and use function notation; they will investigate linear, quadratic, polynomial, rational, exponential and logarithmic functions; they will solve equations numerically, graphically and analytically; students will define, evaluate and graph trigonometric functions and their inverses, solve trigonometric equations, apply trigonometric identities, solve triangles and investigate trigonometric applications.It is strongly recommended that students purchase their own graphing calculator for this course. Students may have the opportunity to earn concurrent enrollment credit at LCCC.
Tools within the content to accommodate and modify as need per the IEP or 504. Text to read, highlighting, speech to text, fewer lessons, frequent breaks, extended time.
Student participation in this course is documented by the following:
- Student active time in course logged by the learning management system.
- Coursework submissions recorded by the learning management system.
- Participation verified by the virtual education teacher for time spent working offline.
- Academic-based communication between the student and virtual education teacher or learning coach and virtual education teacher.
- Synchronous time with the class, a group or the virtual education teacher recorded by the learning management system or teacher.
- The virtual education teacher verifies participation in the course 1-3 times a week.