English 10 is devoted to students studying literature from a world perspective. Each unit allows for close study of literary works, as well as consideration of historical and cultural context. The units focus on major genres (fiction, historical fiction, drama, and memoir). Thus students come to grasp the relationship between local concerns and universal questions. Through these studies, students gain cultural insight as they explore works by various authors, including contemporary works. Students become aware of the authorsâ€™ views of literature itselfâ€”its forms, peculiarities, language, and relationship to reality. Throughout the year, students will write for various purposes and part in the research process.
Tools within the content to accommodate and modify as need per the IEP or 504. Text to read, highlighting, speech to text, fewer lessons, frequent breaks, extended time.
Student participation in this course is documented by the following:
- Student active time in course logged by the learning management system.
- Coursework submissions recorded by the learning management system.
- Participation verified by the virtual education teacher for time spent working offline.
- Academic-based communication between the student and virtual education teacher or learning coach and virtual education teacher.
- Synchronous time with the class, a group or the virtual education teacher recorded by the learning management system or teacher.
- The virtual education teacher verifies participation in the course 1-3 times a week.