English and Language Arts
Laramie County School District #1
Laramie 1 Virtual Education Program
LMS Platform: LMS means the course learning management system
Wyoming standards alignment available from the district upon request
Hathaway Success Course: Yes
See Course Participation below
Start - End Dates:
Aug 24, 2022 - Jun 03, 2023
Available for Purchase:
Upon entering English 12, students have read and discussed literary classics across the major genres and have studied a year each of world perspectives and American literature. Now they focus on European literature from the Middle Ages to the present. Units are arranged chronologically so that students may see how earlier works influence later works and how forms and ideas have evolved over time. Students consider prominent themes for each time period. In their essays and discussions, students may relate a work to its historical circumstances, trace a symbol through a work or works, or consider a moral or philosophical question. Writing assignments include essays and research papers. By the end of English 12, students have become familiar with some of the major works and ideas of European literature, have honed their skills of literary analysis, and have learned to write a research paper. English Language Arts proficiency may be earned through this course.
Tools within the content to accommodate and modify as need per the IEP or 504. Text to read, highlighting, speech to text, fewer lessons, frequent breaks, extended time.
Student participation in this course is documented by the following:
- Student active time in course logged by the learning management system.
- Coursework submissions recorded by the learning management system.
- Participation verified by the virtual education teacher for time spent working offline.
- Academic-based communication between the student and virtual education teacher or learning coach and virtual education teacher.
- Synchronous time with the class, a group or the virtual education teacher recorded by the learning management system or teacher.
- The virtual education teacher verifies participation in the course 1-3 times a week.