This course includes all Algebra 1 content as well as additional material that is accelerated and more in-depth. Students will study and demonstrate knowledge of linear functions and linear equations including rate of change, algebraic representations of linear functions, modeling contextual scenarios, representing data with linear functions, solving linear equations and inequalities; solving systems of linear equations and inequalities including examining solution types and constraints; quadratic functions including factoring, graphing, and solving with various representations; and exponent properties and exponential functions including growth and decay functions, modeling with contextual scenarios, and using tables, graphs, and equations to represent exponential functions; communicate mathematically; and demonstrate the appropriate use of tools and technology.
Tools within the content to accommodate and modify as need per the IEP or 504. Text to read, highlighting, speech to text, fewer lessons, frequent breaks, extended time.
Student participation in this course is documented by the following:
- Student active time in course logged by the learning management system.
- Coursework submissions recorded by the learning management system.
- Participation verified by the virtual education teacher for time spent working offline.
- Academic-based communication between the student and virtual education teacher or learning coach and virtual education teacher.
- Synchronous time with the class, a group or the virtual education teacher recorded by the learning management system or teacher.
- The virtual education teacher verifies participation in the course 1-3 times a week.