This course includes all Algebra 1 content as well as additional material that is accelerated and more in-depth. This course is the second in a succession of courses designed to prepare students for AP Calculus BC as seniors. Students will study and demonstrate knowledge of how to evaluate and simplify expressions; write and solve linear and quadratic equations, functions, and formulas; and write and solve systems of equations and linear inequalities. Students will also study and demonstrate knowledge of how to represent and analyze relationships using tables, equations and graphs; apply basic operations on polynomials; use basic operations on rational and irrational numbers; communicate mathematically; and demonstrate the appropriate use of tools and technology.
Math 8 or Honors Math 8
Tools within the content to accommodate and modify as need per the IEP or 504. Text to read, highlighting, speech to text, fewer lessons, frequent breaks, extended time.
Student participation in this course is documented by the following:
- Student active time in course logged by the learning management system.
- Coursework submissions recorded by the learning management system.
- Participation verified by the virtual education teacher for time spent working offline.
- Academic-based communication between the student and virtual education teacher or learning coach and virtual education teacher.
- Synchronous time with the class, a group or the virtual education teacher recorded by the learning management system or teacher.
- The virtual education teacher verifies participation in the course 1-3 times a week.