This course extends student knowledge in Life Science. The fundamentals of this science course are organized into units of instruction that develop deeper understanding about atoms and molecules, cell structures and complex organisms, heredity, adaptations, natural selection, and ecosystems. Proficiency in this course addresses the 2016 Wyoming Science Content and Proficiency Standards for Middle School.
Tools within the content to accommodate and modify as need per the IEP or 504. Text to read, highlighting, speech to text, fewer lessons, frequent breaks, extended time.
Student participation in this course is documented by the following:
- Student active time in course logged by the learning management system.
- Coursework submissions recorded by the learning management system.
- Participation verified by the virtual education teacher for time spent working offline.
- Academic-based communication between the student and virtual education teacher or learning coach and virtual education teacher.
- Synchronous time with the class, a group or the virtual education teacher recorded by the learning management system or teacher.
- The virtual education teacher verifies participation in the course 1-3 times a week.