Fine and Performing Arts
Laramie County School District #1
Laramie 1 Virtual Education Program
LMS Platform: LMS means the course learning management system
Canvas (State LMS)
Wyoming standards alignment available from the district upon request
Hathaway Success Course: No
See Course Participation below
Start - End Dates:
Aug 24, 2022 - Jun 03, 2023
Available for Purchase:
Art (kindergarten) courses provide to students developmentally appropriate activities to foster creative expression, communication through artistic endeavor, and appreciation of culture and heritage. Although the art form typically involves visual arts (drawing, painting, sculpture, crafts, and the like), students may also explore other forms of art such as dance, music, and theater. Specific course content conforms to any existing state standards for kindergarten.
Tools within the content to accommodate and modify as need per the IEP or 504. Text to read, highlighting, speech to text, fewer lessons, frequent breaks, extended time.
Student participation in this course is documented by the following:
- Student active time in course logged by the learning management system.
- Coursework submissions recorded by the learning management system.
- Participation verified by the virtual education teacher for time spent working offline.
- Academic-based communication between the student and virtual education teacher or learning coach and virtual education teacher.
- Synchronous time with the class, a group or the virtual education teacher recorded by the learning management system or teacher.
- The virtual education teacher verifies participation in the course 1-3 times a week.