This course will encompass the 4th year Common Core State Standards for Mathematics.Successful students will be able to explore relationships between sets using Venn diagrams, utilize statistics and probability to interpret data, make valid and reliable predictions using statistical distributions, extend knowledge of operations and properties of the real number system to situations using vectors and matrix quantities, apply trigonometric ratios to real-life situations, use exponential functions to determine implications in financial mathematics, and solve optimization problems using Geometry.
Tools within the content to accommodate and modify as need per the IEP or 504. Text to read, highlighting, speech to text, fewer lessons, frequent breaks, extended time.
Student participation in this course is documented by the following:
- Student active time in course logged by the learning management system.
- Coursework submissions recorded by the learning management system.
- Participation verified by the virtual education teacher for time spent working offline.
- Academic-based communication between the student and virtual education teacher or learning coach and virtual education teacher.
- Synchronous time with the class, a group or the virtual education teacher recorded by the learning management system or teacher.
- The virtual education teacher verifies participation in the course 1-3 times a week.