Social Studies and History
Laramie County School District #1
Laramie 1 Virtual Education Program
LMS Platform: LMS means the course learning management system
Wyoming standards alignment available from the district upon request
Hathaway Success Course: Yes
See Course Participation below
Start - End Dates:
Aug 24, 2022 - Jun 03, 2023
Available for Purchase:
This course is designed to provide students with a portrait of the human experience on a worldwide scale. Emphasis and consideration will be placed on the following: Methods of historical reasoning and research, cultural aspects of the human experience, geographical influences upon history; and the role economics and politics. Various world religions and their impact on history will be studied. The course is a survey of world history. The first semester content will cover from the beginnings of civilizations through the European Renaissance while the second semester covers the age of exploration through the 20th Century.
Tools within the content to accommodate and modify as need per the IEP or 504. Text to read, highlighting, speech to text, fewer lessons, frequent breaks, extended time.
Student participation in this course is documented by the following:
- Student active time in course logged by the learning management system.
- Coursework submissions recorded by the learning management system.
- Participation verified by the virtual education teacher for time spent working offline.
- Academic-based communication between the student and virtual education teacher or learning coach and virtual education teacher.
- Synchronous time with the class, a group or the virtual education teacher recorded by the learning management system or teacher.
- The virtual education teacher verifies participation in the course 1-3 times a week.